Armadillo is looking for an experienced and highly skilled communications professional, with a proven record of exceptional copywriting and social media management skills. We are looking for someone with a keen understanding of brand marketing and management, and excellent skills in storytelling, both visually and with the written word. We have exacting standards, born of our collective passion for what we do, and we’re looking for someone who shares our sensibilities. We’re a company committed to giving our team the chance to shine, so if you’re an exceptionally good writer, with A class social media skills, we’d love to hear from you!
- 3+ Years of experience in a similar role encompassing content creation, copywriting and using major social media platforms
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this Parental Leave cover role will be overseeing and executing all communications and Social Media aspects of the business. The role will be based in our Surry Hills office, starting in February 2022 until March 2023.
- Working with the marketing team to develop and execute a clear, impactful and engaging communications strategy and calendar tailored to each market, channel and audience.
- Working with the marketing team to conceptualise and assist in producing compelling copy for brand-focused, values-driven campaigns, content and activations to elevate and evolve Armadillo’s positioning in the market.
- Act as the ‘voice’ of the brand by copywriting and editing all external communications, including the website, EDMs, social media, the Journal, press releases, printed collateral, advertising material, product and collection nomenclature and awards submissions.
- Working closely with our graphic designer to create marketing communications such as: EDMs, promotions, catalogue copy, social media posts and stories, journal articles, webpages, press release, etc.
- Develop a strong editorial calendar and content for the Armadillo Journal, including building relationships with an international network of key influencers.
- Assist the with internal communications to promote Armadillo’s company values, organisational culture and employee experience.
- Working with the Head of Marketing and agency partners, assist with developing and implementing an ongoing and yearly PR plan, using creative storytelling tools to position and promote the brand, founders, Foundation and collections to the relevant market and audience.
- Manage a strong, positive network of media relationships by serving as the go-to contact for brand, product and asset enquiries (including rug loans).
- Complete and report on PR campaign analyses, synthesising data into logical insights that can be used to identify and further media opportunities.
- Create, schedule and publish a social media strategy and calendar for all relevant platforms, ensuring alignment with Armadillo’s overall brand strategy, regional-specific objectives and individual campaign goals.
- Moderate the Armadillo community, proactively engaging with customers, like-minded brands and individual influencers to nurture them into long-term brand advocates.
- Compile monthly reports, leveraging insights from data analytics and/or community feedback with regards to curation, copy, timing, targeting and budget to grow reach, awareness, engagement and acquisition.
- Stay up to date with social media trends and technologies with the aim of testing, launching and integrating new approaches into the broader social media strategy.
Armadillo is a truly sustainable company – for the good of the world we live in and all who journey with us. Our rugs lie lightly on this earth.
Founded in 2009 we are an Australian born company, with showrooms in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
Our rugs are handcrafted by artisans in India, Nepal and Turkey using natural materials and energy-efficient processes, designed to counteract today’s throwaway culture and stand the test of time. As a certified B Corp, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of sustainability, social responsibility and transparency.
How We Work
As a purpose-driven company, guided by integrity, Armadillo is committed to cultivating the very best talents in their fields. Our workplace is open and inclusive, valuing teamwork and collaboration as well as celebrating individual strengths. We are committed to each other, our work and the wider community – and our hope is to be joined by those who are enthusiastic not just about what we do, but why we do it.
Our people have made Armadillo the brand it is today and as such, we have created a supportive and stimulating environment that nurtures the personal and professional growth of employees at all levels. We embrace fair workplace practices, equal employment opportunity, cultural diversity, and health and wellbeing. We also proudly offer our employees:
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Additional leave days for community volunteering
- Generous staff discounts
If you are looking for the opportunity to evolve your career with a successful global and ethical business, we encourage you to apply now. Please submit the following to Dee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your resume; and
- A one-paragraph bio about who you are and what makes you jump out of bed in the morning.